Calgary Stampede Parade Route 2022 Roads Maps Live Streaming Online Today’s parade, which is the 8th of July, will be led this year by Marshal Kevin Costner. This can be dangerous as many people will be riding bikes or using public transport to get to downtown. The parade can draw large crowds and could even lead to a stampede. You need to be aware of a few things to ensure that you don’t get inconvenienced on the day.
The parade will begin at 9 AM on July 8, along with 9th avenue at 3rd Street SE. They are expected to reach the mid-point, which will be in the middle of the 10th Street SW by 11 AM. We have provided some routes to help you avoid any trouble so you can travel more easily during the parade. According to reports, the road will be closed at 6 a.m. for setup.
- Sixth Avenue S.E. between Third Street S.E. and Fifth Street S.E.
- Seventh Avenue S.E. between Fourth Street S.E. and Sixth Street S.E.
- Eighth Avenue S.E. between Fourth Street S.E. and Sixth Street S.E.
- Sixth Street S.E. between Seventh Avenue S.E. and Ninth Avenue S.E.
- Fifth Street S.E. between Seventh Avenue S.E. and Ninth Avenue S.E.
- Ninth Avenue S.E. between Eighth Street S.E. and Third Street S.E.
So, if you want to avoid wasting time at that time then you should stay off these roads and take detours. The parade will be running from 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m on the following roads:
- Westbound Sixth Avenue from Third Street S.E. to 11th Street S.W.
- 10th Street S.W. from Sixth Avenue S.W. to Ninth Avenue S.W.
- Fourth Street S.E. between Sixth Avenue S.E. and Ninth Avenue S.E.
- Eastbound Ninth Avenue from 11th Street S.W. to Third Street S.E.
- The morning connector from Bow Trail to westbound Fifth Avenue S.W. will be open from 6 a.m. to 7 a.m. only
- Third Street S.E. between Fourth Avenue S.E. and Ninth Avenue S.E.
There are some alternative routes that are available downtown. This may be of some help so you can note them down.
- Motorbike riders are requested to add to use Fifth Avenue or 12th Avenue to bypass the closures.
- Motorbike riders are requested to use Blackfoot Trail, Stoney Trail, Crowchild Trail, 16th Avenue, and Deerfoot Trail as alternate routes into downtown.
- Eastbound traffic on Ninth Avenue will be directed to 11th Street S.W.
The Calgary Transit trains will be running at their usual time and all the stations downtown are going to be blocked with one block of the route.